Sunday, January 9, 2011

Knitting--No, I Haven't Forgotten How

It's been a slow knitting year for me; as with many things, it took a bit of a backseat during wedding planning. In the months leading up to the wedding, I did manage to finish off three pumpkin hats (last year's version featured here, and this year's version is here, both modeled by our favorite nephews) for Matthew, Thomas, and our friend Stephanie's daughter.

The pumpkin hat, along with the Christmas hats I made for the nephews last year, are from Susan B. Anderson's itty-bitty hats, which I highly recommend. I also came across a pattern in that book for a hat with little pigtail tassels, which I knew would be adorable on Stephanie's daughter--the perfect complement to her mischievous smile. I don't have pictures of her in the hat, but here are a couple pictures of the finished product.




I've knit a lot of baby/toddler hats in the last couple of years because they're so fun, so cute, and SO quick, but I think it's time to branch out and tackle something else. I haven't yet decided what that should be, but I suspect Carrie will probably argue that I should finish one of the several projects that I've started for her but never finished!

Are any of you knitters? If you're on Ravelry, add me--just search for duhbeckster

2 comments:

  1. By the way, M&T love those hats... the other night Thomas pulled his on at bedtime and left it the whole time he was drinking his bottle until Matthew stole it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I love that as with many things in Thomas's life, it ended when Matthew stole it. :P

    ReplyDelete