Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ten Random Things, Take 2

1. I bought a bag of Godiva Gems Truffles the other day (hurrah for half-price Easter candy!) They're decent enough, but they can't hold a candle to my beloved Lindt Lindor Truffles.

2. I scraped my elbow and wrist going down a slide with one of the nephews last weekend. I then tried to be a good girl and keep it covered with neosporin and band-aids, but alas, it seems that I am allergic to some varieties of band-aids. Now I have not just a scrape but also red itchiness around it.

3. I finished re-reading the first Harry Potter book--6 more to go!

4. On Wednesday at 5:00 a.m. one of the smoke detectors decided its battery was dying and it started chirping. I stumbled around in the dark with a chair taking down smoke detectors until I found the right one. And then just as we were falling back asleep, the cats decided to be noisy and obnoxious.

5. I took the day off work tomorrow, and today I suddenly wondered if people think I took the day off to watch the royal wedding. I didn't. Promise. If it weren't for Twitter, I probably wouldn't even know when the wedding is.

6. Honeymoon planning seems to have stalled. Anyone have recommendations on a cheap hotel in Athens?

7. We started scrapbooking the wedding and wedding planning, but that also seems to have stalled. Scrapbooking stuff is still strewn all across the kitchen table though, so we either have to get back to it soon or put it away so I can bake more cookies.

8. Inspired by a couple blogs mentioning kale chips being delicious, I bought a bunch of kale at the farmers market yesterday. I'll let you know what I think after I make them this weekend. But pretty much, I read multiple places about "this vegetable that my picky, vegetable-hating kids love" and figured I had to try it.

9. Our cat Cricket seems to think she's a dog. Instead of just letting us pet her like a normal cat, she insists on licking our hands.

10. One of the things I love about living in this part of the country is all the flowering trees in the springtime. (My allergies don't love this, but fortunately they hasn't been bad at all this year.) Case in point: this is the tree in front of our house right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment